Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I am wondering if someone can help me. I used to be able to search craigslist by doing an advanced search through google. But for some reason, I'm no longer getting the results I used to.

Is there anyone that can send me a line of text for a google search that I could just cut and paste to put in a google search? I've given up trying to figure out what in the world is different. The Advanced Search page gives you the ability to search a particular site.

I used to be able to search all of craigslist, and get cougar postings from all over the country. Now, I only get a few. And I know that I've missed some, as I've tried to find a cougar posted out here from craigslist and I now usually don't get that as a result, whereas before, I always got the posted ad when doing a search.

Thanks for any help in advance!

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Dunno if there is a more advanced method, but I always use "search-term site:mercurycougar.net".

·
Registered
389 Posts
searchtemptest.com allows u to search ALL of CL from all over setting ur own parameters and distances and everything.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I read a article about craigslist shuting down national search engines. I can no longer use the one I normally do either.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dunno if there is a more advanced method, but I always use "search-term site:mercurycougar.net".
I'm not sure if I have understood what you are saying, but if I understand correctly, your "search-term site:mercurycougar.net" in your example would be "search-term site:craigslist.org" in my example, correct?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
searchtemptest.com allows u to search ALL of CL from all over setting ur own parameters and distances and everything.
Never tried this. Is it a freeware program running on a website, or just a straight website? You don't have to answer.... I'll go to the site first before you'll have a chance to reply. Thanks for the link though!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I read a article about craigslist shuting down national search engines. I can no longer use the one I normally do either.
This is an interesting little nugget. If you are able to find that article again and can forward to me the url, I'd like to take a look. Because this is exactly the behavior I'm experiencing.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
I use searchtempest all the time. I really like it.....

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I don't think that one can be saved .

Everytime I have searched the web for Cougars, I keep dragging this one up....guess I need to try something else.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
She looks tired..

I'm just sayin'

·
Registered
945 Posts
Also the site I have been searching from, Jaxed, got legal notification to stop allowing CL search results from the CL lawyers. Hard to understand why you wouldnt want people to get to your site.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I'm still able to use CraigsList Reader Pro. A free download. Install it and search all of CL.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Thanks for the Craigslist Reader Pro info, really nice app and IMHO much cleaner than the searchtempest/autotempest. Unfortunately didnt find anything but I'll keep looking lol

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the Craigslist Reader Pro info, really nice app and IMHO much cleaner than the searchtempest/autotempest. Unfortunately didnt find anything but I'll keep looking lol
dammit, I'll try to reply again! I can't get craigslist reader pro to work. At all. so, searchtempest.com is the way to go. The original poster of searchtempest.com spelled it wrong (searchtempTest.com), which caused a bit of confusion.... hope this helps anyone stuck on that typo.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts