Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good transport place?

I need to transport from Texas to WA. cheep real cheep.

the guy just realized driving 70 hours wont be fun by himself.

Let me know,
Ben

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
It cost me 600 from AZ to TX. there is no cheap way. even a U-Haul and getting it yourself is costly.
My ¢.02

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Do a search on the net for automobile transporting. I checked one time I was going to buy a Fairlane in CA and have it hauled to PA, I chose the cheapest way, it was still insured for up to 10,000 and in a covered hauler. It was only going to cost me $800 from CA to PA.. www.autoandtruckshippers.com is one place to check..
Scott

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Ace Transportation

No place worth a "Hoot" is going to be very cheap...
Transportation is one of the family businesses.
Ace Transportation, at 800-774-7866, ask for Richard, David or Carla. Insured bonded and all that stuff.
shane:D

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Car Transport

Not worth it unless you have money sticking out your ears!
Can you drive the car?
They want the car to be running most of the time, then you might as well drive it yourself. My situation: Not able to drive either car.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
dont go cheap i have read on many other boards of people who have went cheap and wound up without a car or one very damaged. find someone reputable and as was mentioned one insured and then ask some former clients, a good company will give you a list. its wrth it even if you rent a uhaul and trailer your still talking good money might as well let someone else absorb the risk if its damaged in transport let their insurance cover it. just my 10 cents.

F

·
0 Posts
Goodbye Cragers? Might be worth it for the transport. Have you seen the car yet? I live in ohio and I'm looking around for a decent 70 Cougar. I see alot in California, but I'm not interested in forking out the $$ for the transport. Also having to buy the car unseen on trust is a bit scary. Most classic cougar owners are really cool (ex. Classic Cougar web site )- but there's an occasional shark out there. ITOW -- you found someone who would transport a car from CA to PA for $800! That sounds real cheap!;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no... from Texas to WA. 5k miles

yeah, Im figuring out where he lives, and a member on here might go check it out for me..

and since he's delivering himself in person. dont think he'll screw me, but yes Im cautious.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
That is a plus. When your dealing with the owner, you can just say no. But he will want some money for gas and his time(it's only fair). Good luck, and let us know...

Bruce

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
he will be one pissed mofo after driving 5k miles, and 70 hours....

hehehehehh hahahah if i do, I'll have a camera ready so you can see the face of utter discust, exaustion, and hatred, one after another... oh man the face would be great.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I would recommend some backup if you do that. It's not a bad idea to have some one with you who doesn't want the car. They might see stuff you miss. Also make sure he has every thing you need to transfer ownership. If not, DON'T take the car. I don't care how long he's been on the road... Let us know how you make out..

Bruce

F

·
0 Posts
70 hours, man that would be gruelling. That's about a 4-5 day trip. That guy must be hardcore nuts. The 20 hour drive to FL I do every other year is almost unbearable, but 70 hours. He must live in the deep south of Texas.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont know where, I forget.... heheh yeah, Im glad i dont have a car that could trailer it... but im still not sure this will go through...

I need to find a job first.... by the 23... mabye I'll work at the local pro club

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Oh, another thought. The last couple of cars I looked at had the wrong VIN on the title. CHECK IT. And don't let him tell you it's ok, just go to the registry and they will take care of it. Use your head, if something doesn't smell right, walk away....Gee, does this sound like I might have been there???

Bruce

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Well I don't know what they use, but he has to have something to prove he owns it, a title or the registration. I'm sure there is someone here from WA, they could give a better idea...

Bruce

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
He has to sign it and give it to you. Check the VIN on the title or reg with the VIN on the car, DON'T use the door tag. Get it from the windshield plate or under the hood on the driver side apron by the shock tower (depending on the year of the car)...

Bruce

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
It wasn't long distance, but the guy tried to tell me it was OK that the VIN was wrong because it was wrong on HIS bill of sale (he didn't legaly own the car he was triing to sell me)...

Bruce

1 - 20 of 31 Posts