Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for help to take 1970 xr7 clock out repair. Can you pop out the front woodgrain applique facing to get to it or do you have to take the whole dash pad to get to it from the back? Any help appreciated.:1zhelp:

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
from what i know you have to take out the whole dash and then unbolt the woodgrain from the back.... not alot of fun which is why i havent bothered to get my clock repaired yet.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Unless your a contorsionist, and remove the glovebox assembly, have a mirror, light, and s small racthcet, you MIGHT beable to undo it lying on your back. :) Removing the dash is easier :)

Rick

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Guess the same thing goes for the 72 XR7 clock, it stopped......dead.......a 6 o clock..................never to go again.....dum dum dum duuuum.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Taking the dash out isn't that bad. It is also a good time to replace any bulbs not working. I changed them all when mine was out. If someone has been back there in past, you may have splices in wiring that can also be cleaned up easily.
The other thing to look at with dash out is the insulation. Mine was decomposed to about all dust.

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
You can remove the clock thru glove box if its a non AC cat otherwise pulling dash is a must. There are three 1/4 head nutdriver screws to remove. I fix and relens clox if you need help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts