Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1973 Cougar XR7 convertible that I'm putting back together after 40 years. It is a Q code, 4 speed, with a 351 CJ. Everything is coming together pretty good but there is a part that I cant find any history on and I didn't label it when disassembling the car. Wondering what it is and where it mounts. I can't seem to find one to look at, so if anyone could give guidance I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Gordy.
IMG_1223.JPG
IMG_1224 (1).JPG

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The bracket has a part number on it. If you could show the entire part number that would probably help.

It does not look like a part I am familiar with, but I am more familiar with the 1969-70 models.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bracket has a part number on it. If you could show the entire part number that would probably help.

It does not look like a part I am familiar with, but I am more familiar with the 1969-70 models.
The part number is D2ZE-12A111-AA nothing I’ve found tells me what it is and I can’t find where it even mounts on the car. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
It looks like it is a 4V distributor vacuum advance control module. Mounting point appears to be shared with the coil bracket according to the MPC diagrams.

I do not have any 1972 or 73 shop manuals to confirm.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks like it is a 4V distributor vacuum advance control module. Mounting point appears to be shared with the coil bracket according to the MPC diagrams.

I do not have any 1972 or 73 shop manuals to confirm.
Yes I’m sure it has something to do with my vacuum advance, duel poInt distributor since I have that dual vacuum advance. I have also tried to Mount it where the coil bracket is but it’s not fitting there. There is a tab on it where it Has to fit into a slot to keep the bracket from turning once you bolt it on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts