Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here's the situation, I'm tight for cash right now and have found what I belive to be a hell of a deal but I want to make sure I look before I leap! Here's the deal:

1967 Ford Mustang body with all new interior, Mustang II front suspension kit, disc brake kit w/10" rotors (possibly 11"), Rack & Pinion PS unit, and.....

A 1995 Cobra 5.0 w/ T5 Transmission!?! Only has 45K on it!

He's asking $2,500 OBO. What's everyone think? I need an idea of how much fabrication goes into installing some of this stuff! I'm not scared of the work, I would just prefer to be informed! This stuff should all fit in my Coug since they are both '67's right? Has anyone tried the Mustang II front suspension? I have the articles for the 5.0 swap, the rest isn't that big a deal I guess. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
I'd be carefull of the Cobra blocks since they are wider than the regular 5.0 HO. Contact Windsor-Fox before you buy and they can tell you if that motor will fit or not. One piece of advice they gave me some time back is to be carefull of the "P" heads. The key is what year did the motor come out of? Here is the web site:
http://www.windsor-fox.com/
:)

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
1995 Cobra engine

djgiff said:
I'd be carefull of the Cobra blocks since they are wider than the regular 5.0 HO. :)
A 95 Cobra engine IS a 5.0

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
You're right, I was thinking of the 4.6 litre. Whoops.:D

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
James, look up the thread I started a day or two ago titled RC Motorsports. I left a link to the site, check it out and see for yourself that if its the complete setup coming with the stang than your getting the stang for just a couple hundred bucks.

I'm trying to remember the frond disk size used but most dont realize most use a stock granada rotor. They use the same brgs and all to bolt right on the mustangII-pinto spindle. If its not installed you need some basic fab skills along with being able to use a mig welder. If you have these tools and experiance to use them it should be a breeze.

If I can find the right car to build I will have this front suspension no question.

By the way its good to hear someone else only finds deals when they cant afford them at the time. mm

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the info guys... Still haven't been able to come up with the cash to get the parts. As far as what all comes with the engine, everything! He has all the wiring harnesses, hoses, computer, you name it, he has it.... oh yeah, the smog stuff too! Sucks to be broke!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts