Votes: 17 41.5%
  • Sexy Black

Votes: 24 58.5%
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:flipa: HELP! I'm taking the Cat to the body shop next weekend and I can't decide which color to paint it. Pretty much every vehicle I've evner owned was black, and when I first got the Cat I decided on Purple (No, Im not gay!). I'm adding a picture of 2 examples of the colors to give you a better Idea. I'll try to add a poll also but I dont really know how to...
Please leave an opinion good or bad!
Thanks, Scott

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Most of my cars have been black as well. Biased opinion.

RickJ

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
The purple Cat belongs to John Williams, and he painted it himself! There's some black "ghosting" down the sides, which is only seen when the light is right. I think he used a three-stage paint.

He's a body and paint man, and really went the "extra mile" in getting the body 100%...no, 110% perfect!

I'll see him this coming weekend at the SSCC All-Cougar show. If you're interested, I'll get the paint codes for you, as well as take some digital close-ups of the car.

Personally, I've NEVER seen another non-stock color that I've liked more than his!

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YES, I've e-mailed him before about the paint. He told me the factory color code but said he added extra's but didnt say what. He said he only checks his e-mail once in a while and he never got back with me again. If you could find out and get more pics of his awesome cat that would be wonderful! My e-mail is: [email protected]

Thanks!,
Scott

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Yeah, he's a helluva painter, but pathetic when it comes to e-mail! I'll have some photos and the paint codes for you early next week.

·
Registered
794 Posts
between the two, I like the black better.

For those of you that have owned black before, did you find it harder to keep the paint up? I know all of the scratches show easy.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Black is also really hard to keep clean. I have had 3 black cars, and I love black cars.

That said, a buddy of mine has a 69 Duster, and it is purple. It is about the same colour as the 2nd Cat pictured above, and it is an AMAZING colour. Bkack is black, but purple is eye catching. You'll definate attract more attention with purple.

My .02.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I don't want to cause any offence, but only choose darker colours - especially black if the body is 100% dent/scratch/ripple free and if the panel fit is extremely good. Black shows up imperfections 10 times worse than any other colour. The lighter the colour - the more imperfections you will get away with.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info guys, Keep em coming. As for keeping up with the Black paint jobs, I agree there more work to keep looking nice but boy the way he paints it looks like a black mirror, SOOOO smooth and shiny!!! And as for the imperfections, there shouldn't be any, its a VERY straight car to begin with and he's the best body guy around. He's painted 4 other vehicles black for me and 1 of them was a rust bucket truck, another was an 82 Mustang that I converted to ook like a 93 Cobra (did this back in 94) and they both still look good (I still own the truck but not the car). KEEP te opinions coming!!! You guys are going to decide which color I paint it with the poll!!!!
:D :D :D
Scott

·
Registered
138 Posts
Gotta go with the Black!! I was waivering on my decision to go with black until I saw your picture. Now it's definitely going to be black again! I might even use the wheels you have pictured, looks awesome.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As for wheels and stance, I think I'm in love with the look that 14kcat has on his Gold 68.. WOW those wheels look puurfect! But I'm still undecided on the color but Black is winning in the poll so far 2 to 1!!!
Scott

·
11,000 Posts
I heard once you go black you never go back, think it was not in reference to the Priscilla Pressley / Michael Jackson wedding though.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well Royce, If you think about it she never really went black! She only went half way!!! :lol2: I hate to slam people but Michael Jackson IS A FREAK!!!
Scott

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Black is really good and I like it. however, It's also hard to keep clean and dust free, Also out here with 100+ summer heat it's just too darn HOT... I say go with the purple... maybe with some ghost flames! Or even better RED Like Logans... But I do like to be a bit different so I vote purple..... my .02

Don

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Scott-

Henry Ford would paint a Model T any color you wanted so long as it was black! We've come a long way since then!

Don't jump to a "black" conclusion until AFTER I send you the pics and code for the purple (well, violet). There's enough black in the violet to hopefully satisfy BOTH groups!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
How about Black Pearl then you get both!
I like the deep purple pearl too. Purple is more attracting.;)

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
I voted for black, but a cool shade of purple with a grey interior would just rock. Or there's always Cherry Black (kinda best of both paints) :D

Rick

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Back in Black!

Evil, Mean Wicked, and Nasty!
and I like that in a person...
:ylsup: :ylsup: :ylsup: :ylsup: :ylsup: :ylsup: :ylsup: :ylsup: :ylsup:

Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black Back in Black

·
Contributing Member
246 Posts
Black - "Black cars look better in the shade"
:beer:

·
Registered
356 Posts
HMMM. Both are nice coolers. Real Nice. but for some reason when I see purple I think of Mopars, not a bad thing. Black on the other is hard to keep clean. Well how dirty is your car going to get? If I had to make the choice I would go with Black, it just looks cool and less flashy. You should go with what you like. If I remebered you really dug the purple in a previous post. Then again.... now I can't make a choice.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts