Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Screwed again. You may have read my post on Mike's vanity plate thread, if not look here. Long and short of it is that the first try I learned that for QQ plates, only 6 characters are permitted. Second try I learned both "ISABEL" and "69XR7" were taken (didn't expect to even need the second choice, so much for that thought!).

So, help ECI Bob name his '69 XR7 Convertible!

I have thought of "ECICAT" and "ECIBOB" but that is so much less classy or story-telling than "ISABEL" would have been. I don't think they allow special characters or I would try "I$ABEL".

Help an ECI who's down on his luck, would 'ya? Looking for something classy yet fitting for me/my car/my story.

E-Bob

Oh, and help me fast! So I can call up (not going to leave it to chance and just send in the application a third time) and see if what I (we) settle on is available. I have insurance and no plates!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I'm thinking,,,I'mm thiinnkinnng (to quote Hank Azaria's line from Night at the Museum)

Can a variation of 2nd chance fit in 6 characters?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
ECIBEL
BK2LYF (back to life)
ECCOUG (east coast coug)
NORUST
GUD2GO
RSTFRE (rust free)

just coming up with stuff on the fly.. like any of those?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Can't believe nobody thought of LAZRUS; you certainly ressurected the car. :smoke:

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
ECIBEL and Fe2O3 are both cute. LAZRUS is certainly fitting, but doesn't really do it for me in terms of elegance/class. My wife says to either work some form of ISABEL into the plate or forget it and go with standard QQ plates. I'm keeping an open mind, but I kind of agree.

Thought of these overnight:

ISBELLA (which works from my original idea), BELLA or BELA (figuring one of these would hopefully be available, in order of desireability (to me)). Comments?

Please continue to provide any ideas, it is very helpful to me.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
524 Posts
With the popularity of Twilight I doubt "Bella" or any variation will be available!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Try IZABEL. Not exactly what you want but close. I will start the conversation!!

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Try IZABEL. Not exactly what you want but close. I will start the conversation!!
Yep, thought of that one, but the Z doesn't do it for me. Seems more "witchy" or something. ISBELA may be my only choice.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
P.S. I'll have to look it up. What's Twilight and Bella?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Paying around with characters, "1SABEL" looks pretty decent. Maybe I'll go with that.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Not what you want but you could go with ISABEL backward "LEBASI" . I do this with my wifes name zil or liz and it means somehting to her. LAS, I mean Sal.

or ISABL ISABYL

PD2MCH
RESTRD
SURVIR
MNYPIT

Sorry Bob, let me get a second cup of coffee.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Bob, I understand the Isabel connection, but no one else will. They will either think that the car belongs to a woman named Isabel, of that it is the name of your mother or your wife. Just wait until they start asking your wife who Isabel is... The car can always be named Isabel, regardless of what it says on the tag. If you saw a car in front of you in traffic that said Camille what would you think of? ('69 hurricane name)

The story of this car is not what happened to it long ago, it is what happened to it since.

here are a few ideas in that vein:

9LIVES Certainly this cat must have had at least that many.
4into1 Isn't this the combined parts of 4 Cougars
XPLNT Transplant recipent
RUSTY Obviously it isn't now.
BDYWRK A little body work was required to fix it...

Remember, you can always call if Christine, or Beulah, or Isabel, just don't shout that name out at the wrong time!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts