Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm back on the Mustang project, to help fund the move, and help finish the pending cougar engine rebuild and trans swap.
Got the engine and C4 into the car today, (AWESOME). But, the trans cross member, (which is "wide" on one side and "skinny" on the other) is about four inches away from the rubber trans mount.
I don't know if I have the wrong piece, or WTF.,
If you have any insight, or parts, or pictures, that would be awesome.
Thank you!

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
You sure you don't have it flipped around? I thought the C4 and FMX used the same one? I ended up making my own - not that much to it really. I imagine you can pick one up on Mustangs Unlimited if you don't want to mess around, I think I saw some different ones on there

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Look on our catalog for pictures, sounds like you are trying to install an FMX mount. C4 and manuals are "H" shaped.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Can you post a picture of your problem? And is the C4 from a Mustang/Cougar? If it is from a full size car then it will not work ans the tail shaft is longer on them. I think Falcon/Fairlane/Mavrick are the same as the Mustang/Cougars.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Problem solved....Lloyd, here on the board, is getting ready to install a C6/390 in his 67, so I just traded him for his C4 mount. I like a good deal, but it's hard to beat "free ninety nine"!

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
LOL - I could even afford that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts