Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Found out today that the PO of our Cougar lives quite a distance from us, and I am not sure if he has any owners manual for my cat, I know he has original rims, and two heads. Can anyone suggest any sites that would give me tech info/advice for my 1972 XR7, one brake light not working, or the indicator, air-con a total mystery with ominous clicks, 2 electric windows don't work- both the little back ones. Hazards/emergency lights don't work at the back, clock does'nt work. Thats about all I can think of at the moment, oh, and how do you disconnect that blasted buzzer that goes off everytime we open the door with the keys in the ignition. I think I am going to need a wiring diagram, anyone got any ideas. After we have sorted out electrical problems we are going to start on the engine!!!!!!:1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp:

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry:eek:

·
Registered
126 Posts
You might want to invest in a shop manual or other tech books (like the Chilton's) They're on Ebay for less than $10 and should answer most of the minor problems you may have. I may have an extra one laying around here somewhere, if I do I'd be happy to send it (you pay postage of course lol) Might be a good start.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Gatorphan, would really appreciate that, let me know if you find it, and we can take it from there. Would gladly pay postage.
Logan, I know, should have read the rules about posting photos, just so happy with her that I want to brag!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts