Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found these while going through all the parts that came with the car I just bought. I know there small block mounts and they look like the captive mounts on the 3rd generaton Cougars and Mustangs but the #'s I found on them are D7OC 6038-AA
and D70G 63032-AA . Those are the #'s as I see them and there very hard to read.

Ready for your opinions. mm

Attachments

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Hazarding a guess, but looking at the parts number decoding thing I have the D70 is obviousy 1970, the C =Remanufactured Parts (1966-75) the numbers 6038 = 6000-6898 = Engine Part and the AA suffix for subassembly parts, the G on the other number would be for a Montego (1968-76), the long number I don't know, they don't have long numbers on my page, but I could be wrong re the whole thing.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but wouldnt the D7 mean 1977? I really dont care too much what there off of but hoped someone would reconize them as I think there the same as the 71-73 Mustang and Cougar. mm

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Its age, sorry Mark, I wrote the numbers down and left out the 7, oh well, we all get to this time of our lives when we just don't look to good at things.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
So then it would be 1977 and the O = Ltd ll for that year and C= chassis.
Funny how I got it right on the coding D70 and then the brain just stalled, I hve got to stop trying to decode these things, they are playing havoc with whats left of it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well the look kinda like the ones I used for my 73XR7 with a 351W in it. The mounts where the original ones for the 351C.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bingo! thats the answear I was looking for. Thats what they looked like to me also. mm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts