Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
This is a serious question from me to you my Cougar Family.
As most of you know i am loking to get a 71 XR-7 from a sweet lady in Cali. She has offerd to let me take it home for the price of shipping and a down payment. She has said that this car is meant for me and i believe her. Dennis form the Socal Cougar club said it was a great deal and should not be overlooked.

So here is my question to all of you.

I am currently awaiting a settlement as most of you know and have been unemployed for 2 years due to a auto accident. I have been trying to sell my Ginger for a while now to no avail. This has put me in a dilema of no cash vs. great deal.

All i am asking is that if any of you could help me out with a donation of any amount, I would not only be eternally gratefull but also would pay back evey cent loaned out from each person.
I am not asking for a handout but a chance to continue my love of these cars:) One member has already extended his hand to help me.

I am in need of $1225.00 total, and every bit counts! The settlement is about 1 to 1 1/2 months away...at the most, and while she will hold the car for me for a bit...i do not want to push my luck as she has mentiond it going to be donated to some organization if i cannot buy her.
So if anyone here can help please do...you will not go unrewarded!

Please PM me if you can help.

Thank you all for your time and all your kind words and support. I hope to be a part of this family for a long time!

(if this is a bit too much to post please remove it i do not wish to offend anyone here)
I love you all my Cougar Family...you have always been here when I needed you!

Thanks

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Sorry, man

Wish I could help.

If you were going to part out Ginger, I was interested in the full interior. I say was because just last week my wife lost her job so we're in a world of hurt now that I've spent thou$and$ getting AlphaCat back together. I wanted the interior for PartsCat, but now that idea is put on indefinate hold. Now I've got to find a way to just keep our heads above water. It figures. Just when things are looking good someone knees you in the balls and steals your wallet...(figuratively)

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Know how you feel, i wish i could pitch in but we just spent 10,000 on home improvements. If you get it and are driving thru houston. stop by for some BBQ and a place to stay for the night and i'll fill'er up with gas too for ya. Be patient, it seems to me, if you want something bad enough, it will be yours some day some way. And you have the want part covered. One thing you dont have to worry about is that you will have another Cougar, not sure witch one though.

rich

·
Registered
965 Posts
Dave,

How firm is your receiving a settlement and how substantial is it? If it is for sure that you are receiving it within the time stated and you can get some confirmation from them, surely a lender will lend you the money.
If it is a substantial amount, consider waiting and buying a SUPER nice car for a few thousand more, like Logan's or John's. You are going to spend almost $1000 for shipping. Put that toward the car purchase and go get it yourself.
Friends and family are not the people you should ask for money. It is a sure way to lose friends. Been there, got several tee shirts!!
Relax, if you sell your car for what the bid is now, you have still made a profit. Remove your reserve and take your best bid. Put that money toward this goal. 30-45 days go by in a heartbeat!
I know you are probably not looking for an opinion, but that is mine. Just trying to help.

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
WOW Dave, getting to the crunch. What happened to the 67??? I agree what Jim says, sell Ginger for what you can and send the lady that money until your settlement gets in (she'd probably hold it for 750.) You know my situation, I cant even afford to buy milk for my kids some days. Good luck, and hope all goes well.

Rick

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey i am taking all angles i can get XR:)
I really appreciate your honesty. The reason this car is so nice to me and is what i want is because A. it has almost ever otpion avail in 71 (except 429, rear defrost ) and 2. this lady is giving me one hell of a deal. Also i cant really afford to spend more than 3 k on a cat ir a car since i have a ton o bills...so i have figured it all out and 3k is about it(not including insurance)

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Hey Dave, I know how you feel, wanting something so bad you can't wait for it, but I agree with Jim, money, friends and family are not a good combination, also got a couple of tee-shirts to my name on that, plus you're wanting the money for a car, while some of the guys here are in real desperate need of money just to feed and house their families, so it would not really be fair. We've lent money to folks in need before [when we had some money] and trust me it ruins the friendship, on both sides, we would rather go without now than put anyone we know in the predicament of having to refuse to lend us money. If I were you I would forget the whole borrowing money story, would'nt it be cheaper to fix up Ginger than get the other cougar, not that I am against the 71, I think its a cool one, but for $3000 you could do a lot to Ginger, do it yourself, teach yourself as you go, you'll save alot that way as well, plus it will keep you busy.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's all set now i have 2 offers for my car , but i still may need some from the people who have offerd .
It would not be cheaper to fix ginger..she need about 5-6 k to be good again...to much in my eyes.It would take 3 k just to do the back end...so at this point the 71 is just a better car...
I appreciate those who have offerd help, i will contact you when the time comes f it is still alright:)
Thank you

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Glad you have had some offers on Ginger, I would have been keen if we lived a bit closer, and I'm also glad you have had some offers of help. I genuinely hope that you get the 71, specially seeing as Ginger is in worse shape than I thought. Keep me updated. I'm not even going to ask about the 67, I was rooting for the 71 all along.:)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
**UPDATE**
I have found the money thu other means so i thank you all for you words and support:)
If there is anything i can ever do for you all let me know:)
And no worries i will NOT ask about this type of thing again!
Thanks

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Another thing ...i forgot to mention. The reason i did not want to wait was the woman who sold it to me need the money to take care of something very important to her. I was merely trying to help her out as well. :)
Anywho thank you all!

·
Registered
965 Posts
I hope you are satisfied. As a result of this thread and others by you on this subject, my son DroptopCougr has been eliminated from posting simply because he cast his honest opinion on this matter.

Jim

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Look i did not wish to start a fight here, i only asked and i stated in the post that if it was unappropiate to remove it..it's still here.
I am sorry about your son and as far as i know just that one post was deleted...not his ability ..i have no control over that.
I was not upset at his post, but it was getting out of hand.
I work hard just like everyone else, and i know that money is tight for most people it was just a request not a demand.
That is all i am syaing on this subject. this is not the place for this.
Logan and or Rick if you wish to ban me and or remove this thread i will not fight your desicion. I have been here long enough to know that this is not to be done in a Friendly enviorment. I would also like to request that DroptopCougar be reinstated..if he was removed.
Thanks you and sorry all for the trouble i caused.
Also this may be goodbye for me so i hope i will see you around sometime.
Bye for now

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
droptopcoug was not removed. I just deleted that thread cuz I didnt like where it was going. The comment he made was not appropriate for this forum, so the whole thing was removed.

Rick

·
Registered
965 Posts
Dave,

Truce!! Don't leave the forums over this. It is not brain surgery!! C'mon!! If we are all guilty of anything , it is our passion for these cars. It is unfortunate things got carried away. Jason's last post, if you saw it, was an apology. Hey, we are not perfect. No one is, so stay here and enjoy the ride!!!!

Jim

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Damn y'all...I take a couple days off and see what happens????

That's IT...spankings all around ;)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jim,
Truce accepted! I never intended this to get this way. Also i am glad your son was not removed.!
I will be here as long as they let me:)

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
And I appologize to for not being here more often like I was before. If I didnt enjoy working on cars, I wouldnt be at my new job ;) I'd be here making sure everything goes smoothly, but this doesnt pay bills :D

Rick

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.