Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i need some help on this one.. I Found duct tape.. on the car and it has like baked on to the thing... so what is the best way to get duct tape residue off of a car... it is really on there... thanks
Erik

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
:dogpile: :cyclops:

W-D 40
works for me... :D
just spray it directly on and wipe it immediatly off.
also takes burnout rubber off the quarters, next sunday morning...:ylsup: :ylsup: :ylsup:

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Hey LilWrink - I thought that I was the only using WD40! :p: Folks around here laugh at me when I tell them to use it.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
W-D 40 (cleaner)

Heck, a lot of times (when I can remember to do it!) I'll take a rag and wipe down my lower rear quarter panels before we go to the races. The rubber don't stick so bad, making them a lot easier to clean. Have you ever rubbed the stickey stuff off of your windshield after you changed the registration sticker? W-D 40...
A little Dab'll do ya...:ylsup: :ylsup: :ylsup:

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I use it to get rid of th e"stickies" left when vendors slap stickers and price tags to chrome. Takes 'em right off.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
G00-Gone works pretty good..I used it last weekend to remove some rubber/ asphalt off the quarters of the cats... I love a newly tuned cat :D :D

·
Registered
889 Posts
ahh yes

aint nothin like some w. va. chrome.and WD 40 use no.648. to take care of business.Duct tape and WD 40 never leave home without them.

·
Registered
206 Posts
3M makes a spray called Adhesive Remover. The stuff works great and won't harm your paint. You can pick up a can of it at most of your auto stores. I took off all the stripes on a police car in two hours...don't ask...:D

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Did the cops know?????:1poke: :1poke:

Don

1 - 13 of 13 Posts