Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Hello!!!

791 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  68CatFan 
#1 ·
New to the Cougar forums............ Not new to cars and collectiong LOL
I have inherited my grandparents '84 Cougar LS and it is now setting in my garage. The cool part about this car is they bought it new and it currenlty has only 9,511 miles on it!!!
They never drove it!! It set in their garage in CA it's entire life. It still has the original tires on it, which will have to be changed as I am a little concerned with driving on them.
The ONLY mechainical issue I have found is the radiator overflow tank has a split in it??? It looks to me like sometime a service tech may have bumped the side of it with a wrench while tightening a belt or something. I am sure my grandparents had it at the Mercury dealer about every 6 months having it serviced hehehehe. I called around the other day and found a dealer in Michigan who claimed he had one that would fit it so they are sending it out. I am hoping it is the correct one too. This dealership told me they would take it back if it wasn't the correct one as it cost about 45 bucks with shipping.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Full-size car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Full-size car

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
you also want to check out tccoa.com , that site is better geared toward that generation cougar. and welcome aboard!

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum. What a great present to have from your grandparents.

#5 ·
Welcome. I had an '83 T-Bird as well as an '87. Wish I still had them both. I remember the first time I opened the hood on the 83 and said "What the hell is all this crap?" Couldn't see the damn engine. Then my Dad informed me about all the new emission requirements, fuel injection and so on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.