Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. Just stopping by and saying HI, so HI!.

just kinda found this while surfing and trying to find any clubs or sites on 74 Cougars. What is up with that anyways? Can't a brother get any love for a 74 cougar? It was afterall the year that saved the Cougar and is much better looking than a 73 or a 72. I feel left out for all and any Cougar clubs because I own a 74. It's like I have a the black plague or something.

Anyways, I have a 74 xr7, which is no boig deal in that they were all XR 7's. I have been working on it for 5 years now, doing a off frame resto on it for some unknow reason. The cam went in the 460 and I just didn't stop tearing it down. It's an auto, soon to be 4 speed. Picked up a top loader from a 68 merc 428, 9 inch of course. Thinking of twin turbo's but not sure yet.

well going to look around some.
have fun and take care.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
welcome to the board. We like ALL year cougar, post a picture of it in the galleries. This place has alot of very helpful people and very knowledgable guys too. thursday night is chat night, so swing by and say hi there too. Hope to hear from you again.

Rick

·
Registered
197 Posts
It was afterall the year that saved the Cougar and is much better looking than a 73 or a 72. I feel left out for all and any Cougar clubs because I own a 74. It's like I have a the black plague or something.
A 74' looks better than a 72 or 73!?! Ha!:argue: I'll be the first to disagree with that one, but hey I'm a little biased. Welcome to the club.
:devil: 72's are the best!:bong:

·
Registered
889 Posts
A 460!!

I THOUGHT THE BIG BLOCKS WERE ALL BUT HISTORY BY THEN.DID THE ORIGINAL OWNER TOW HIS CHEVYS AROUND WITH THAT?SOUND LIKE A MONSTER.WELCOME!! DAN

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think 74 was the last year for the big blocks, not sure if the 75 had them or not. Some one along the line was towing something with it cuz there is a tow hitch bolted to the back of the thing.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have to agree with Cougar 72

Ok Ok the 74 is a monster yes, but it in no way compars to the 71-73 Cat, i mean it is a Cat so i will give it respect, but lets see it out handle a 71-73...lol i think not!
But any ways welcome to the board and enjoy, but beware i live in Mass and will find you on the road one day to prove my point!!!!
LOL
:evil:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Wecome 1974 Cougar

That's what we are here for...our opinions! It is nice to hear that someone else like 72's, though. I hear people say seventy twoooo-ooooo? Why bother? That's not a muscle car. That's a pimp mobile! Or I hear, that looks like a Mustang!:pimp: Yeah, whatever!:argue:

·
Contributing Member
162 Posts
I'm with you Logan....if it's a Coug then it really doesn't matter. I had a 75 Cougar at one time and quite liked it. It was a little bigger than I usually like but sure had a nice ride to it. Anyway, I say welcome fellow Cougar lover....hope you enjoy your ride when your done.

Dale

1 - 9 of 9 Posts