Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, my name is heiko from germany. i´ve buyed a 68 Cougar. thant´s an rarely car in germany, but so pretty. germany don´t have a cougar forum :uhoh: and my english is not the best. i hope i can find here helpfull peoples who can help me by small thinks and i can find here "bits and pieces" for my cougar

Attachments

·
Registered
980 Posts
Greetings to you Heiko, from the state of Iowa, in the mid-west United States (right in the center). Congrats on your 68 Cougar! The people on this site are the greatest and will gladly help you out all they can. Welcome!!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Welcome!! :wave:

Nice looking Cat.

·
I thought I changed this?
1,213 Posts
Welcome along, us Europeans are well represented on here ! :beer:

There are already a couple of German members, I'm sure they'll be along soon.

Don't worry about your English, half these Americans can't speak it well either !! :flipa:

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Welcome ..... Don't worry about your English. We had a Govenor here in California tha couldn't even pronounce California correctly. Its all about the cars here.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Welcome to the site, and like mopardon said, don't worry about your English. We're here to help you with any questions you have with the sharp looking car!

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Hi! Welcome!

Nice looking car from up here too.

As previously mentioned, There are a few people near you on here.

As for parts, you can probably start with a heater core, and do what ford did with it, build a car around it (at least, that is what it sounds like...):lolani: There are sellers in here, and you can find what you need.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Gruss aus Greenville, South Carolina Heiko. You have a great looking Cougar. Tell us all more about it. You'll be amazed at all the helpful people on mercurycougar.net. Great people with a huge amount of knowledge.

That's an interesting black stripe running along the side of the car. What does it say on the back part of the car?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for this heartily reception. Here more facts from my car.

Thourq Trust2 7x15 - 8,5x15
Flowmaster Exhaust
Edelbrock Performer Kit

I´m a newby on the american-car-scene. The seller of the car tells me, that there is an 351 engine inside, but i can´t controll it as yet... :-(

The black stripe on the end is a "eliminator" writing

her other 2 pics from the car. The plates are "Transportation-Plates" from germany. The licence-plates are in correctly size :)

@ Harry - do you spea IMG_0086.jpg IMG_0088.jpg k german?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome. Don't worry about butchering the language. Ain't any worst than the dam cell phone slang. And then there's them guys from down under that pride themselves in butchering it.(just kidding)
Nice looking Car, I like the stripe.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Nice looking Cougar. Welcome to Mercurycougar.net.

·
Registered
194 Posts
welcome to the forum, Heiko.

And as mentioned before, don't worry about your English.

johnboy:

As far as license plate sizes are concerned, there are few options out there in Germany; most notably the use of license plates for light motorcycles. They fit well, but generally may only be issued by the local DMV for classic cars registered as such and when space permits the use of plates of larger sizes. In marked contrast to early Mustangs, early Cougars have certain advantages at this particular matter. Relevant legislation demands the taillights may not be covered and the function of the license plate illumination must be ensured. Also, since a classic car usually may not be altered in a way that "permanently changes the distinctive appearance of a make and model" (i.e. shortened taillight assemblies). Accordingly, small motorcycle plates can be requested and usually, will be allowed - at extra fees, of course.

Up front, the larger regular plates fit fairly well, although protruding to the left and right. So, up front small motorcycle plates shall not be granted, usually.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts