Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello,...i'm new here and have read the posts for awhile.....i have a 67 XR-7 ..wanted to modify it for autocross type fun....stripped down, added a 390, with top loader,..4 wheel disk brakes,...9 inch/411 locker,...did the cheepy front A arm (cookie drop) kit from Pro-Motosports...got the big block Eibach springs in front and the 4-1-2 leafs in back,...got the neeto shackle kit,.....rear mount battery...and deleatd most all uneeded weight...did a killer body and paint job to it and left it for dead.....too much work on evey other projects...been years now...but i fired it up the other day and bumped the timing up...drove it .....Uhhhhhhhhhh! wow what a great performing and handling car! i had forgotten! thought about selling it.... i guess now though ....it will sit for a few more years till i can get back to it.
Btw.... i have a few harder to find cougar parts that i have had for years....if the price is right...i might part with it a black 68 XR-7 4-speed console....i never would have thought about selling before....but i'm getting old....and grey... anyways.....great site guys, Len

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Hi Len welcome to the site, post some pics [if you have not already done so] sounds like a real mean cougar.

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
welcome my name is Ray and I am a cougaraholic

·
Registered
751 Posts
I'm the desert rat with a big Cat. I have seen some awesome cats around here (both my hometown and the site) and want to say welcome to the land of the King of Western Beasts.

Mountain lion, Cougar, Puma, still an awesome car, right?

·
Registered
763 Posts
yeah right we all like pictures send them in if you can.
Welcome abord.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts