Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:1zhelp: Hello all .... I am a new member and would like to say hi. Also I have a quick question for anyone who could help out ... I have a '74 xr7 that I mainly picked up for the Engine (351 clev. ) I figured that I would give it a go being that I don't see many of them .... well it seems to have developed rot in the cowl (which I was told I don't want to deal with). I am on the hunt for a 67-70 now as this has been a goal of mine for about 10 years or more. ALSO I want to keep my Cleveland ...

:1poke: OK wake up here comes the fun part
I found a 67 and am wondering if I can make it fit .... I know that they came with a 390 so there should be room ... this one has a 289 and looks like it might be a little cramped for a cleve. does anyone know if the engine compartments are different or did they just squeeze in the 390????

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Welcome to the greatest cougar forum in the world!!!!
I have a friend in town here that has a 351C in his 67 cat so it Can be done.... with a little work, but it will be worth it.\\

Don

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
Cleveland fits ok

Reasonably common swap down here in Oz where Clevelands are more plentiful. You will need to change the radiator to a 70 model to get the correct radiator outlets

·
Registered
210 Posts
Welcome to the board! This is a great source of knowledge as well as a great group of people. Oh yeah... If I can stuff a 460 into a '67 then you can stuff a 351C into one. Good luck with your project!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW ... thanks for all your responses and that one about the 70 radiator ... I would've NEVER thought of that ... thanks. I would like to think I will have some pictures soon to show I will also be "trolling" the parts for sale board for some body parts. I look forward to chatting with you all

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Welcome to the board! This is a great source of knowledge as well as a great group of people
Ditto.
Dayle

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
welcome

What they said!
Glad to hear from you...
460, mmmmmm... too much is just about right!
Are you useing a four speed?

:ylsup: :ylsup: :ylsup: :ylsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts