Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Hope you are all well. Just had a brake question I was hoping someone here could answer. I bought new brake lines for my 69 vert from Mustangs unlimited (That may be my first problem) Anyways everything seemed to fit, except that my new line running to the rear brakes had like a 3/8 fitting instead of a 1/2 so it only fit the port closest to the back of my distribution block (instead of the front) and the right front line is supposed to fit in the rear port but wont fit either. If it did not matter I was just going to get a flange tool and new fitting to make the right front one fit in the hole closest to the front. I am sure this is confusing as even I am cofused!
Simplified. Does it matter if the lines are reversed leaving the bottom of my brake distribution unit? It is the rear line and the right front reversed. Any help would be great. Thanx, Bish :uhoh:

·
Registered
913 Posts
M/U sells Finelines and are good, you didn't say if disc or non disc setup, it makes a difference.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
...Does it matter if the lines are reversed leaving the bottom of my brake distribution unit? It is the rear line and the right front reversed. Any help would be great. Thanx, Bish :uhoh:
Yes, it matters. The only switch would not matter would be if the LF and RF lines were interchanged. Rear and front line cannot be reversed without causing big problems.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankyou guys,
It is in fact front disc. That is great to know thanks Bob. An even dumber question at this point but I am second guessing myself despite the diagram I drew before disassembly. Does the rear line go to the front bottom of the distribution block and right front line from the rear bottom hole of the block for sure?? Sorry my 1969 general ford manuals don't tell me. Thanks guys, you are awesome. Bish

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Mr. Bish,

Here you go:

The second, bottom line from the back of the dist block goes to the rear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts