Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some questions about the heater on my 67. I have a rotted hose between the heater vacuum valve (i think thats what its called) and the heater core that is about 6 inches long and is bent in a s shape. I tried to find a replacement for it, and none of the parts stores have it. I looked in the manual, and the drawing doesn't look anything like what is under the hood. This hose comes out of the right heater core fitting, turns 90 straight up, then does another 90 into the valve. My first question (the stupid one) is: is the valve even supposed to be in the engine compartment? If not, where does it belong? Second question: Is this funky hose correct? And how should I replace it? Thanks a bunch.
-Will

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That answers my question. thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The guy at the local parts plus warehouse was able to find a match, its a Dayco 87646 bypass hose if anybody else needs one and doesnt want to pay shipping. you just have to cut a bit off the ends.

·
Contributing Member
1,881 Posts
The guy at the local parts plus warehouse was able to find a match, its a Dayco 87646 bypass hose if anybody else needs one and doesnt want to pay shipping. you just have to cut a bit off the ends.
Great info! What is the distance between the 90 degree bends and could post a picture? Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts