Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a bit on the side of blasphemy, but I got a free heater box from a 65 Mustang (if it helps, it was the guitarist for 38 Special's...), and the heater controls and cables from a 68 Mustang (for $20). Do any of you have experience to know how different the 68 and 65 heater setups were? The firewalls looked relatively similar, but I didn't measure or anything. I imagine the Mustang-cougar controls will work, but I'm not sure about the connections to the 65 box.

Also, any tips on installing the cables?

What can I do to test the system to make sure it works before I fit it? Any electronics that are prone to being bad?

This is my weekend project, so I'm hoping to knock it out asap.
Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I guess 38 special doesn't have any tour dates coming up any time soon, those guys were the **** back in the day. not sure about the heater box.

PB

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, thanks. lol. From what I understand, they go out and play on the weekends with the rest of the 80's guys at big retro concerts.

·
Registered
839 Posts
The only difference between 65-66 Boxes and 67-68 Boxes are the way that the trapdoor vent on the RH rear opens. One opens up and one opens to the side. 68 Mustang and Cougar Heater Controls and Cables are the same except the Mustang Control Face has Camera Case Texture and Cougar is Smooth. 1967 uses different Knobs and Knob Arms.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts