Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent the weekend grinding away at the exhaust ports mostly. Look really nice, but even with my air gun on 100 psi I'm still seeing those particles all over the heads. Do I dunk them in my parts cleaner, do I use various size magnets to pick up all I can, then dunk them? Would taking them to NAPA for an acid bath be better? Will try to post pics tonight. I did get close to the exhaust valve guide, and am taking them to a local engine shop (NVR Racing just west/northwest of Milwaukee). Eric.

·
Registered
913 Posts
After you finish with your grinding, take them to your machine shop to be soaked in a vat, after that they will pressure wash them and be good to go.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Eric,
Unless things have changed, the last step we took when I worked in a machine shop, was to wash everything in soap and water. Plain old dish detergent, hose off, dry with an air gun and cover with a light coating of oil. Pressure wash should work as well. Store them in a sealed plastic bag.

Steve

·
Registered
370 Posts
Eric,
Unless things have changed, the last step we took when I worked in a machine shop, was to wash everything in soap and water. Plain old dish detergent, hose off, dry with an air gun and cover with a light coating of oil. Pressure wash should work as well. Store them in a sealed plastic bag.

Steve
+1 Soap and water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts