Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had marked all my headliner bows 1 thru 4 rear to front so no problem re-installing them. Now when I go to install them I notice that Ford put two holes in each location. One about 1/2 inch behind the other with the rearward one lower? Which placement is correct? Just a note, ford had painted the ends of each bow a different color too. Red, green, white and bare.

·
Registered
913 Posts
When you go to install your headliner, you use whichever holes pulls the material the tightest, start in the top rear hole and work toward the front, color code was for Ford assemble line.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Towcat!! Man with out this forum I would be totally lost!

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
LOL - learned awhile ago to mark which holes had a rod in them! It's kind of a battle to figure it out. Not sure why they had optional locations? Don't cut off any material until your sure you have it right.....Also if you have the glass out still it's much easier to get a smooth install

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup no glass, Shoot right now the only things installed are the opera lights and roof insulation. Ha, Will be nice to start putting some stuff back on the cat. Pulled one of my tail light assemblies apart today just cause. I think I will polish the plastic? before putting it back together. Was wondering about painting the black portion of the grills but Not sure I want to or need to tackle that right now. I think I can wash them and then polish the chrome strips and call them good. They really are in very good shape. Reflectors inside look like new also. Just need to get some new gaskets now that I took them apart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts