Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of days ago I started to touch up my headlights by sanding them down slaping some primer on em and a few coats of flat black. Now I am to the right side with the emblem, I remember a while back some one was posting about emblem restoration but I missed the outcome of that job. Can someone refresh my memory on how the came out and how did they reattach the emblem after drilling the rivets...I have the driver side done and it is a much need improvement over the painted black across the entire lights even the chrome now it looks sharp and nearly new....Keep on cattin........Lance

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Well that would be me...... I did mine while it was still on the door. It came out realy nice. digi camera is out on loan or I'd show you a pic:rolleyes: Any way I just masked out the frame and runnin' cat and where it says cougar . used a good satin black and then a satin clear and it came out nice..door were still on the cat BTW. as for the cougar letters...... don't laugh.... a sharpie ink pen did the trick......

Don

1 - 2 of 2 Posts