Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Easy question. I have a 68 and replaced the old headlight vacuum hoses forward of the radiator. Nice, new hoses but I recently found nice, old hoses with the green and yellow stripes on a 67. On my 68, the 2 individual main color-striped hoses went through the radiator wall to a tee. Then the two smaller hoses went from the tee to the individual headlight vacuum tanks, green to open the doors, yellow to close the doors. On the 67, the two main hoses connect to a multi-connection, a small box with 6 hose connections, three on each side. The question here is for a 68 owner to please look at his car and tell me if the tee's are correct or the small box. I think the tee's are correct, but I just want to be sure. Thanks.
Jim

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The small box you are refering to, or the vacuum valve, is specific to the 67 only. The 68 lines should go directly to your headlight switch. The yellow to close and green to open appears correct...will check when I get home.

·
Registered
669 Posts
i have a diagram I can fax you if you want. Let me know. I've faxed it to a few other poeple on this board.
Bert

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

I went through my Cougar library and found something on the vacuum system. It shows the use of vacuum tee's on the 68. Thanks for the offer, seems I answered my own question.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts