Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering should I install the lights first then the front bumber ot the other way around? This is my first Cougar and I'd like to get it right the first try.
Thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
The headlight assemblies literally sit in behind the top of the bumper. I dont believe its possible to completely remove thelights without removing the bumper. Good thing to ask as installing the bumper is time consuming.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Year ?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
When you do get to the front bumper I believe the easy way is going to be to mount the two corner suports and the center bumper to frame rail supports to the bumper, then with help place the whole assembly up and you only have four bolts to deal with. This is how I ended up removing mine after a lot of bloody knuckles trying to remove just the bumper by itself.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
harvey---install front bumper with center brkts only---adjust bumper and tighten well---remove assy and install corner braces---if any holes do not allign , elongate holes/shim as req'd---reinstall as complete assy----final adjustment with "hustler bar"
doctordesoto

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all for the great advice. Sorry I didn't put the year. It is 68 Standard Coupe
Randy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts