Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'68 XR7.

My hidden headlights don't work (no surprise, like many of you). I typically have to open and close them manually, which is just fine for me.

Tonight I tried to open my left 'lid' and it would not go up. I don't want to force it--anyone know what the deal is/how I can fix (no, not an excuse to fix the whole vacuum line, etc!)

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Sounds like something is physically keeping it from hinging. If the system is non-op and you are using it manually be sure and disconnect the vacuum source behind the carburetor. This video while not specifically pointed at your question may answer some questions as to how the system works.

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4VaXwG7cXpY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Sounds like something is physically keeping it from hinging. If the system is non-op and you are using it manually be sure and disconnect the vacuum source behind the carburetor. This video while not specifically pointed at your question may answer some questions as to how the system works.

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4VaXwG7cXpY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

Thanks, This is great!

Jean

·
Contributing Member
1,881 Posts
Great videos!
I can tell you’re getting more comfortable in front of the camera. Maybe as time goes on you could edit in close-ups of some of those parts.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
This was our first one and I used the video feature of my Nikon camera which did not do so well. I now have a Canon VIXIA and it does much better, especially with a lapel mic and proper lighting. We will redo this one (in time) and add a third in the series to show details of the grille. This would be a good time to announce the newest member of the WCCC team.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Hmmm, grille repair part 2.... the blooper reel let's us all in on the "un-advertised perq" of working for you in Oregon,

When it starts raining, you stop "for refreshment"! That's a job related benefit to *this* Irishman's ears! :evil:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts