Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Hooker Competition Headers, part #6901 is what I run with my 351W/FMX in my 69... They work and sound great. $141 from Summit Racing. Part #6901-1 is the Ceramic Coated version of the same header. Also available through Summitracing.com for $320.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
...and no matter what anyone tells you, you do NOT need the power steering drop bracket with the Hooker Comps. Trust me on that one.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I have to agree with logan. I have had the hookers on my cat for 10 years and I have had an fmx, a toploader and now an AOD. They work great with the fmx, the toploader has clearence problems with the z bar and the AOD's pan flange is so wide the collector flanges rub it but I made em work with all the combo's. I'll be buying another set when these go bad I'm sure.
John
wvcat

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Logan, I saw that info on the power steering bracket on the Hooker web sight. What's it suppose to do? I guess it doesn't matter if I won't need it! Thanks for your imput.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
All it does is lower the power steering cylinder mount point a further 1.5" from the frame, thereby screwing up the suspension geometry...

You won't need it, so consider it a lesson you never have to learn the hard way...

:)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I dont know who made em or how to find out but mine dont need the drop bracket either and they clear the FMX. Not by much but they do clear. mm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts