Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got hedman headers and took left manifold off and power steering lines in the way and pipe wont fit. Called Auto Parts Warehouse help line and think was talking to somebody in Pakistan. Not sure if he knew what Cougar was.

Got return authorzation but want to get these on rather just duals. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Google - power steering drop bracket

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Yeah, and don't just bolt it on! HAVE IT WELDED! ---- or you will be sorry at some point.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Return them and by 289 hipo manifolds. They will fit without all the drama and heart ache. Headers suck.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Return them and by 289 hipo manifolds. They will fit without all the drama and heart ache. Headers suck.
What do you base that opinion on?
I installed a set of long tube headers on my 67 with 302. No problems at all in two years of driving.
No leaks, no ground strikes, no burned plug wires and they give the sound I wanted with the 2 1/2" dual exhaust kit I installed.
Just curious why some people have such a bias against headers.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I got the Mustang Unlimited chrome long tube headers from MAC (pretty good price).

In order to use the in my 5 sp car I had to get the power steering hose kit from WCC:
http://www.cougarpartscatalog.com/67smlblkcmpltpsthskt.html

I also had to but the MAC 2.5" H pipe tubes (NOT pretty good price) and tube extenders (also over priced) to the mufflers. All the MAC stuff has ball ends to seal the tubes together. I have 2.5" pipe all the way through now. It does tuck up nicely under the car. You could weld regular pipe and save $$$.

With all this stuff I can use the standard z-bar clutch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.