Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am probably going to keep my manual clutch z-bar with my 302 fuelie-T5 swap. I am having a hard time finding headers that will work with my z-bar and manual steering.

I here some use long tube and others use shorties... I just want whats best for this application and I know that many of you guys have done this project and I could use alittle help.

I may go with a cable linkage or hydraulic linkage, but really dont want to get into anymore fabricating on the car at this time. And to be honest I like the feel of the manual clutch.

Anyone got any suggestions of running my cable throttle to the pedal?

Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not only do I want to know whats the best to use with this application, I want to know what is the simpliest headers to use.

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate it man, those are a bit more than I wanna spend on headers. i don't doubt they are worth it, my pockets just dont run that deep right now thanks to our wonderful economic state.

·
11,000 Posts
Tri - Y headers fit the stock Z=bar and are by far the simplest to install. I've used the ones from Branda on 3 '67 Cougars so far:
http://www.cobranda.com

Just tell them you have a '67 Mustang so they will not be too confused.......

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Royce, I will have to check them out. I was told that hedman shorties would work but also told they wouldn't with manual clutch.

Did they sound good? and/or help performance any?

Thanks, Shawn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts