Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone suggest a set of hesders for a 68 Cougar that doesnt require major modificatins.... except to the exoust that is. Anyone with a good experiance with a certin type or brand, let me know:1zhelp:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Mustangs Unlimited sells Tri-Y headers (ebay), which is what I plan on putting on my 302 plus an x-pipe with 2.5 inch exhaust and 40 SERIES
Delta Flow from Flow Masters.

·
Registered
519 Posts
70 351w?

oh well, in that case I don't know if those tri-y headers are the way to go but summit racing also has a nice selection of headers too.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
PAW has a very large selection of headers that should fit your application. they have ones for engine swaps and stuff and i dont think it should be that hard to find a set to work for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
headers

I have a 351 W in my 69 Cat with an FMX Tranny. Be careful if you have a FMX. THe case is a lot wider than the C- series or 4 speed. I had flow tech headers that are full length and fit well against the engine but would not clear the Tranny. Also some times you have to plat with your steering to make them work. I/m getting shorty or block huggers to install next week.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
On my 70 with a 351w I am running hooker competions headers. I have had 3 different transmissions in there. With the fmx they fit perfect. With the 4 speed I had to rework my z bar and still put a couple "clearance" dents in the tubes. With the AOD the collector flanges are right up against the flange on the pan, even after I massaged them a little but not enough to cause a problem.
John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts