Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 69 Cougar Eliminator 351W with FMX transmission, power steering. What brand & Model # of headers will bolt up with no modification. I was provided Hooker Headers & they are hitting the floor pan on both sides, too high to clear transmission support, & on driver side hitting frame area big time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ed

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'm having the same issue. I'm going back to stock. It seems not worth the headache for all the poor fitment I've run into.
Let me know if you still have your old manifolds and want to unload them.

(Piedmont...like central NC or VA?)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm having the same issue. I'm going back to stock. It seems not worth the headache for all the poor fitment I've run into.
Let me know if you still have your old manifolds and want to unload them.

(Piedmont...like central NC or VA?)
Double E,
We heated header up at collector put a pipe in it & bent it down for clearance, cut wrinkles out with plasma & welded smooth for floor pan prob. With header off of driver side we clamped the header flange connection to a fork lift & measured how much we needed & bent the whole header to clear frame issue. You would think after 50+ yrs there would be a header to fit! Piedmont is a street name in Huntington, WV

1 - 3 of 3 Posts