Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new set of wheels/tires for the E-cat!
At my local Sat nite hang out, The Malt Shop in Anna TX, last weekend I was talking with a "rod buddy" about his "new"36 Ford and he was saying that he wasnt turned on by the wheels that he had on the rod, asked if I was interested. I said yes so we agreed on an ridiculously low price, ($200). He just called and told me they were sitting in my driveway. Damn! I hate it when that happens-hehehehehe!
They are polished outlawII's by American. rear is 15X8 4.5" backspacing w MTDogbonz on them, and I dont know what size the fronts are but they are much narrower than the rear with goodyear rubber. The rubber is brand new looking on all four, spinner center caps and lugs are with them.
I cant wait to get home today!
shane:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very Happy about getting lucky again!
Missed you Sunday, it was a great cruise, and a beautiful day for a little racin'...Dont your car run? It looks fast! Hehehe!
I am happy to report that I am ready for the power tour, only had one teensy little hiccup, now fixed...
shane:beer:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Can't complain about that deal eh shane?

Jennifer was really happy as well which makes me look even better! You will have to ask her next time you see her...
shane:1poke:

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
My 'lil clevor has a rather unsightly oil leak coming from the rear main seal... Which is going to be a serious pain in the rear to fix. After shutting down I can count on at least 3-4 tablespoons of oil on the ground.

That and the little kiddies is keepin' me away from playin with the boys... Well that and I need a heftier cam for the clevor...

Sigh...

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Ya just can't leave well enough alone, eh Logan? ;)

I'm also getting real pumped now that I'm making more progress on AlphaCat as well. I have all the engine parts, now to just reassemble! My God, slicks got expen$$$ive!!! (29x10s coming soon! )

Shane, gotta love being in the right place at the right time!!! Good on ya!

Milo

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
"serious pain in the rear to fix. "
Pick a couple of knowledgeable friends and a saturday and have a thrash session. (Hint Hint) I built the civil utilities for half of Flower Mound, I know how to get there...and proud to help!
My Chevy tools fit them Fords too, no matter how strange they look! hehehehe!

I dont know about now, but I bet that in about 16 years you wont mind your little girls to be sitting between Doug and myself, You know those social summertime events where all the little backwards hat, baggie britches boys hang out! hehehehe!
Yeah buddie I can see it now!
shane:1poke:
Hehehehe!

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I think in the case of the leak, the pain the ass factor will exceed the "willing to pay someone" factor... :)

I absolutely refuse to consider what life will be like when the twins are 16... Oh my god...Even typing that sentence was too much for me to consider... :eek2:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Great "SCORE" on the wheels, Shane!:p:

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Great Score on the rims! course i remember a time when "He Scores" meant something entirely diffrent. :D

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hehehehehe!!!!!!!!!!

I Think they will be typical teenagers; attracted to the fast and furious. you know that modern day sex, drugs, rock-n-roll thing that us old guys cant keep up with...you know...rebellious and sexy...Hehehehehehehe!!!!!!!!!
shane
:1poke: :1poke: :1poke:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I remember when

Coke was still Cola, and a joint was a bad place to be...
---Merle Haggard---

Quote: i remember a time when "He Scores" meant something entirely diffrent.

Easy now, you going to tell us... wait let me guess...
You sir, are at least 35 years old, probly older...:D
The statute of limitations has run out on that stuff, I didnt ever kill anyone!
Shane:1poke: :D :D :1poke:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts