• No

Votes: 45 42.1%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only been hanging around for one month, but have found the information and fellowship on this site FANTASTIC. As we all know hosting a site like this is not free and takes allot of work and commitment. I noticed the Donation link on the home page and purchased a small subscribtion to start. Got me curious, how many others have donated/purchased a subscription and for how much. The options are $10, $25, $50 & $100. Also curious as to why the different donation levels for the same 6 month subcription, maybe logan can explain that one.

getndrty

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
Logan will never require a donation from anyone. He only says that he will willingly accept anything you'd like to donate. So there are different levels depending on whatever you would like to do.

Some guys are here all the time. Some are just fly by nighters. Some even make money off this place by selling stuff, like parts or services. Regardless, the same information is available to everyone. Logan said that if you are offering a donation, think of it as something along the lines of what you would pay for a decent magazione subscription.

When he was able to spend more time here himself, he was offering a "title change" to "Contributing Member" for those who wished to donate as well as receiving more space alloted to your picture gallery.

I've been here almost exactly two years now and have donated three different times. Each time it was a different figure. But I will continue to support this place as long as Logan wishes to keep it online.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Hey! Where's the $100+ spot? *LOL* I make a $25 or more contribution every time I think about it, usually every coupla months. I look at it as paying for what I get out of it...whether or not it's knowledge (though I probably am behind in paying for what I get in that area), or the entertainment value (There's no WAY to put a value on THAT one, mi perro - how do you put a value on watching a virual head explosion? :lol2: )

There are lots of reasons to shell out a few bucks...not the least of which is that Logan is just entitled to some cash for sheer pain endurance and babysitting!

By any standard there should be more of a cash flow then there is, IMHO

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Although I have been "away" for a while, I have donated at least twice (cant remember if more or not, but I know at least 2 times). I think everyone should throw a couple a bucks Logan's way. If the CCOA was smart they would try to "hire" (dont know how that would work but thats the best wording I could come up with for it.. lol) Logan to be a part of this site and possibly even merge it with the CCOA somehow... This site rocks, the CCOA site sucks (in my opinion, and yes I told them that when I filled out my little questionarre form! lol). There is at least 10 bazillion (is that allot??) times as much useful info here (plus all the wonderful humor and hatred that flies from time to time! LOL) than on the CCOA site.. The TCCN was cool but its idle (still there but no longer contributed to)...

·
Registered
425 Posts
I did today!! This is the best forum by far. It has been a major source of information to me. I will try to continue my support,(as little as it was). Every little bit helps.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Just put another donation into the site.. Keep up the good work Logan!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have and I'm about to again. It's well worth it! Thanks for the reminder. The poll is a great way to get people thinking about making a donation.

Can someone add the address for donations to this thread? That way folks can act immediately while it's fresh in their minds.

Karl

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
I have donated every year since it's inception. (I think I was the 14th member or someting like that.) Great bunch of members make the site what it is. Sure, there is the occasional p!ssing contest, but what group of Cats does not have it's "Dominant Male" contest? ;) I have seven furry-purries at home, so I am well aware of the power struggles that go on! LOL!!!

Now all we need to do is to get our Fearless Leader to own another Cougar :1poke: and to quit messing around with those 'wanna-be' Marauders. BTW, for those who may not know, Ford calls the Crown Vic / Marquis platform the Panther chassis! So I guess that even if the Great One is playing with his Panther, at least he hasn't totally forgotten his Cougar roots! :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys!!! The assistance helps. The site always bleeds red, but at the end of the day, the Marauder site actually picks up the financial slack for the most part, so no worries. Alot easier to find commercial sponsors for newer car sites...

Should I mention I sold the Marauder? :) I'm driving... Hold on to your shorts... A Cadilliac... Specifically a 2004 Cadillac CTS-V. I'm not ashamed to admit that a 400hp LS6 with 6sp Tremec and 14" Brembo's all the way round is a really good thing!

It's a fun car...For now... I won't be back into classic cats until the kids are a bit older and the demands from my professional life calm down quite a bit... I barely have time to log on to ANY of my sites these days... I logged on here to 433 new posts today... :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
LOGAN! you got incoming pay-pal dude.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just renewed it was time, What about You?? :)

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I renewed mine a couple of weeks ago and say its well worth it :) Hey if you like what you drive logan you can start up a new site for the cadillac cts-v and then you got 3 to monitor lol j/k :toung: .Anyway your definately moving up in the car market from the ford lightnings to the marrauder to the cougar and to a sports car .For a guy thats 32 your definately doing pretty damn good in your life and i congradulateyou there :)

thanks
pat

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MAN TIME FLYS... The last time I donated was two years ago. How about you??

Got to run and make another donation.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts