Mercury Cougar Owners banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but what are the 4 cougar forums? I know of mercurycougar.net, classiccougarcommunity.com & classiccougargarage.net. Which one am I missing?

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Been out in the south burbs of Chicago a long time , also drift over to north west Indiana a lot . If I see it I will taking pics and be getting some info if possible .

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Also the gas pulldown area has the Mercury division emblem and not the Cougar emblem. Sorry, no Eliminator...
69 Eliminators used the same gas door as every other 69-70 Cougar. It has the Mercury emblem. The only 69-70 Cougar to use a different emblem is the 70 Eliminator which had the running cat emblem on it.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

·
Registered
2,260 Posts

Good job! I knew someone was looking for it, but I couldn't get the search function here to do what I needed it to do :-/

Hope it can be reunited with the previous owner!

For posterity, the VIN: 9F91H588044
H-code definitely rules out the possibility of it being an Eliminator.

eBay Seller: ajbn69
http://www.ebay.com/usr/ajbn69
Item Location: Des Moines, IA
Description: This is a custom 1969 Mercury cougar with a xr7 hood relisted due to mistake on listing runs and drives brakes work -paint is in good shape for its age
$5.5k buy now.

·
Registered
242 Posts
As soon as I saw it I remembered someone was looking for it. If it were closer I wouldn't mind having it, a real time capsule.

·
Registered
64 Posts
nice find, anyone know if ian is still around or how to contact him?
Do the forum admins have access to personal contact info that isn't displayed on profile pages? If so, perhaps one of them could reach out.

What a great find. Sometimes all it takes is time and a great community of eyeballs!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Did some internet sleuthing and was able to track down Ian. Passed along links to cougstang's post and the ebay auction just now. Here's hoping he can make it all come true!

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
It didn't move to far from when Duffy's sold it anyway...... I hate to say it, but I'd have to repaint it! lol That thing gives me flashbacks of orange and brown shag carpet and all kinds of colors that should never be mixed! ;>P

·
Registered
242 Posts
I see the auction just ended with no bids. Something is a bit sketchy with this seller. One of his three feedbacks is for the sale of this car a few weeks ago. Also, it shows the car being sold twice before.
Someone mentioned Duffy's had the car at one time. I remember them selling a Cougar one time. Someone had bondoed over the fender mounting bolts and it was cracked and splitting. When looking at the pics of this one I don't see any fender bolts?
That being said, I would still love to have it!

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
See if you can PM the guy and maybe schedule a look-see. While your in Des Moines I'd use that as an excuse to visit El Bait Shop.......would make for a nice Sunday drive. I may get back out that way in July for the Good Guy's show if you want some eyes on it.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
41 - 60 of 75 Posts