Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy otter! I just got done taking my cat out for it's "maiden voyage" since I added the locking 9" rear, cropped 720 springs, old skool Global West custom upper control arms, new strut rods, steering (inner/outer tie rods, etc) - and disc brakes on all fours! woot! This cougar stops on a dime now and in a straight line no less. This is the first time I've done any such work, and though it's taken me a fair amount of time, short of an alignment this next week it's all quite functional. I am happy about that.

So why the sad otter? I misjudged the distance between the car and one of the 460 blocks in my driveway and put three nice scrapes in the paint which hasn't even had it's first real washing yet. My excitement about getting this car to move on it's own once more appears to have clouded my judgement of distance.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
:cry: I hope you get used to it soon, on the street will dop more damage.

Congrats on the maiden voyage though:)

Rick

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not to sound like a ignoramus but I haven't taken apart the rear end yet to really check it out. I know it's a 3.00 so changing that out will happen as soon as money permits. For now I just needed to get my car back on the road so I put the whole rear end in at one time, brakes and all. Thank goodness the donor car was a modded 68 Cougar - made things easier.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
On the bright side the paint isnt faded so the repair should blend right in! lol

I'll bet the car drives better now, almost any front suspension upgrades are an improvment over the in my opinion poor original setup. mm

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
OK OK OK ..... whassup with the otter thing???:confused:

Don

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah you gotta watch those engine block they move pretty fast ,kinda like those telephone poles:p:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tex - it's something that popped into my head shortly before I wrote that. There was a cassette I had years ago - I think it was SNFU or maybe Big Black - where instead of Side A or Side B it said Happy Otter or Sad Otter. Never know when someone might remember the reference though, as obscure as it might be.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
hAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA THAT'S GREAT!
:D :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts