Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
P9101114.jpg P9101110.jpg
From the Great Pumkin and the BlackCat

·
Registered
389 Posts
i'll revisit this thread in a month and a half and say happy halloween back. for now, i'll just say, nice cars. :)

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately with the high temperatures here set to plung 30 degrees in the next 36 hours it has me thinking that summer is over and fall is here. But to get 2 J-Code 71 Cougars together - both of them in "seasonal" festive colors - I just had to post.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
That's the third bright orange '71-3 Cat that I've seen... Our resident Scotsman (now Swede?) Quattrothedog, and that showcar w/ the blown 427FE in my gallery. I was thinking about turning BetaCat into the '69-70 Burnt Orange Metallic...

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's the third bright orange '71-3 Cat that I've seen... Our resident Scotsman (now Swede?) Quattrothedog, and that showcar w/ the blown 427FE in my gallery. I was thinking about turning BetaCat into the '69-70 Burnt Orange Metallic...
That is the original color for the car, original special order paint car sold new in western Canada. One of two special order paint J code XR7 Conv, both were Canadian cars, the other car is a periwinkle blue and is in New Zealand.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Isn't Quatro's car the medium yellow gold? You might try code 5M Medium copper Metalic - very close to Burnt orange and is a 73 color.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Isn't Quatro's car the medium yellow gold?
Quatrro's car was orange, but is now yellow... see pics of it here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/quattrothedog/sets/72157616273028564/
You might try code 5M Medium copper Metalic - very close to Burnt orange and is a 73 color.
I kinda like that original 'indian fire poly' better... I can really go any color since I don't care about 'originality' since BetaCat is Pewter anyway. Pewter just doesn't 'pop' on a 1-2-3 Cougar to me.

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Nice to see some 70 series cats here in all their glory! I would ask the particulars of the vert but I know it will just have me crying in my beer lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts