Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My April 2011 issue of Sports Car Market (SCM) magazine arrived today and they did an in-depth two page write up on Gunner and its sale results at Barret Jackson.

I was hoping Brian's sale would grab their attention, as SCM likes to highlight the auction results of rare and unusual cars. They had nothing but good things to say about the GT-Es and called Gunner "one of the best, if not the best, GT-Es in existence." It's great to finally see the Cougar getting attention from folks who haven't been enthusiastic about them in the past. Congrats Brian!

The article is on page 52-53 of the April 2011 issue.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I just got a phone call yesterday from a fellow I've met recently who restores BMW bikes and Isettas and Porsches in Michigan. I had told him how the car did when we were talking last week, and he was just floored. So yesterday he gave me the heads-up on this article, and I was embarrassed to say that I wasn't really familiar with this magazine. (Now I have to just figure out where to buy one.) The exposure got me thinking about how the Cat did versus other "original" style" cars (older ones, not charity-cars or modified versions of collectibles), so I ran the numbers and just posted. I hadn't seen this post yet till just now..

It's an ego-stroker, I can't lie ;) but I'm very very happy for the GT-E Cougar and the Cougar community, mostly! Thanks,

·
Registered
31 Posts
Their online viewer is an utter piece of crap. I cant turn pages without it sending to the advertisers web site.
Yeah, some of them are horrible for sure. The one Winding Road uses is probably the best I've seen and at least from them you can still get the PDF version for printing it if you want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts