Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so excited I can't stand it..I'll probably keep updating y'all here, so bear with me while I uncoil some of my nerves on you here for the next few days!

The Car got unloaded there today, and she's in her spot in the Main Building(which is cool, she's in with the Big Boys!) The Driver said when he had to offload Gunner at Russo-Steele yesterday to get some other cars off, their people all came swarming over to her all excited, only to be extremely disheartened when they found out that she's off to Barrett Jackson today. But the good news is that the word is out there too ;) He said that there were a bunch of Hendrick Motor Sport guys right next to the truck and they were all oggling over Gunner..

Then, this morning, the same thing happened at the offload at WestWorld. He said it was just crazy how much excitement the car is causing..

Apparently she ran/started really well for him, but he said as soon as the car went thru Barrett's gates in their posession, she wouldn't start, backfired, sputtered somethig awful..Uh oh. But I called my BJ liason and he checked it out. He called back in 15 and said that their mechanic on duty found the center Coil wire at the distributor to be loose. I'd had the same issue a week and a half ago.

He also commented that she looks beautiful, and I asked if we had a good "spot" in the building. All he could say was "oh yeah, and she looks beautiful!" The trunk is closed and the hood is closed. Very good ;)

Is it Tuesday yet!!?

Reactions: badcat427

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Buzz is right.

I'll get that group of pictures linked on the site Brian. Going to scan the card you had printed that shows the Lot number too.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Must have been hard to let er go into the care of others eh? Pretty exciting stuff Brian, thanks for taking us along!

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
awesome Brian!!
you need to keep us updated so when know what time t turn the tube on to see her in all her glory!!!!!
best wishes!!
:beer:
Juli :smooch:

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
I'll be there on Friday. I can't wait to see that car in all her glory. Good luck Brian!!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Brian, thanks for the updates I'm enjoying hearing everything about this. It looks like I'll see you there Saturday.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
You're living what most of us will nener feel!

keep it coming

thanks for feeding it all back here

Jean

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Cool stuff, Brian. How cool are you!?

I just may have to get in the truck and drive out there.

Good luck with everything, including trying to get some z's.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool stuff, Brian. How cool are you!?

I just may have to get in the truck and drive out there.

Good luck with everything, including trying to get some z's.
Just do it, Jeff! We'd all love to see ya..

I dunno why in the world I'm at the office today. I'm worthless! Can't wait to get to that place tomorrow afternoon..

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Glad to hear the car made it safely and is drawing big interest! That's great to hear. It'll be a busy time for you fielding buyers and keeping tabs on everything. As others said your living the dream many of us will never experience. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us. I hope Ron Pratt and Ferrari hat guy get in a bidding war over it and it brings a few million!! Wouldn't that be a hoot! I'll be watching!

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Think I could win the lottery before it goes on the block? :D

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update Monday 4:00pm Pacific..I'm still stuck at the office.

Steve ('69 CJVert, Lot 969.1) just reported that Gunner is in a terriffic spot. He had to sneak a peek, as he'd just gotten there and they were clearing out the main building for the big gala tonight (wish I'd made that!) so he got a quick walk bye..the rope is alongside the passenger side, so when folks walk into the main entrance it is about the first car that is seen. He was not happy with his spot out in the back after seeing this. I think you'll do great, Steve, don't worry!

But wowsers..this is going to be surreal to see her in there for the first time.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
When you have time, and if you feel we would enjoy seeing, how about scanning the catalog page and posting it?

Sure do wish you well.

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When you have time, and if you feel we would enjoy seeing, how about scanning the catalog page and posting it?

Sure do wish you well.

Dale in Indy
Dale,

There is only a daily catalog this year..printed out right before each day's event. I've got nuthin but the internets, at this point ;)

Thanks!

B

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I have seen pictures.... I think that Dave W will post them tonight. I arrived at 4 and found that they shut down at 3 and would not let me in to see the car. The location is incredible! A corner spot right by the entrance.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
With only the DAILY CATALOG, printed early each day, how are buyers going to know what is coming up a day or so down the line? Is there a listing by number without pictures for the entire auction?

Thanks,

Dale in Indy

1 - 20 of 216 Posts