Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm out in the shop working with speedvision going on the television and before going to commercial I hear them say.......we'll be right back with a detailed look at a rare 68 Cougar GTE. With no time to run in and set VCR, I just got to watch it but it was a great feature on a nice car.
I gotta say,however, that for shows like My Classic Car,they dropped the ball to not promote to this site or on CCOA site that this feature would be aired as ratings would surely be higher for cougar enthusiasts expecting it.
My problem now is that I know they will air this episode a few more times over the weekend but can't find a speedvision listing on their internet site for this week's programs. If any of you saw it or know when it will be aired again let me know asap. At the end of show I did write down the number of the show so I could order a copy of the show if I have to, but would prefer the much cheaper route of taping it.
Thanks to Jim Pinkerton also for helping promote the brand......

·
Registered
519 Posts
I saw the Cougar story as well. In fact the planets must have been in perfect alignment because I was in and out of the house all day and happened to catch the story quite by chance.

I have to say that Dennis seemed a bit out of the loop on the significance of that XR-7 GTE and the Cougar in general. I hope Jim schooled him up real good on our favorite cars! ;)

Maybe if we're lucky this episode will inspire a Cougar episode on "The American Musclecar" too. :)

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
What was the episode number?? Just wondering.:)

·
Registered
364 Posts
just wondering...

This show and segment were touted repeatedly the last two weeks or so on the Classic-Cougars email group. If you aren't on the mailing list, you really ought to check it out. It can be very helpful and informative.

You can check it out here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CLASSIC-COUGARS/?yguid=91773048

Jim Pinkerton is a member of the list. He can probalb ytell you when the next airing will be, if it hasn't already run its airtime.

By the way, he sold the car just a couple weeks ago.

FOR $40,000!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts