Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw these pictures posted in the 67-68 parts for sale section of this forum. I have never seen these emblems before. What type of car did they come from and what year? Always looking to learn :).
Steven

·
11,000 Posts
The Eliminators were apparently going to be called the GT-E originally. Someone at Mercury changed their mind and as a result a whole lot of those badges are floating around at swap meets and on eBay. I see a fellow named Babe Hahnle at Columbus with a set for sale every year. Maybe he has a big box of them? Since they are not correct for any car they are sort of a neat curiosity.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
The ones I have are diffently originals, they are marked on backs with a c9 number, not reproductions,but who knows how many are out there anymore.
Hope they get to someone some day to make them work on a great 69 cougar somehow.
John

·
Registered
384 Posts
At the April Columbus swap meet the guy who runs the "Red Barn Resto" told me he sold his last one for $200.

·
11,000 Posts
I can't imagine why anyone would reproduce these with a good supply of them and no cars to use them on. I bet Ken bought them from Babe. Babe sells only NOS parts. No reproductions.

The ones I have are diffently originals, they are marked on backs with a c9 number, not reproductions,but who knows how many are out there anymore.
Hope they get to someone some day to make them work on a great 69 cougar somehow.
John

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Royce, thanks for the info on these type of emblems. I am glad Mercury kept the GT-E as we know it, a 7 litre car. Eliminators are cool cars, so that is a little bit of neat history.
Steven

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I've been in the planning stages of a 69 Cougar GT or GT-E clone project for a while now and if the price is right I'd like to have this set......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts