Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me where i can find one of those cougar hoods with the scoop? i think its called a GTE Fiberglass Hood? i have seen different types of these cougar hoods with scoops in magazines and on these photo galleries. if anyone could email me or respond to this thread id greatlly appreciate it.

also, does anyone know a supplier of car parts that specializes in cougars? i have a 1967 cougar xr7. for instance i need seat padding foam, etc.

thanks a lot.
wheres the waves dude?

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
check out the links section at the home page and then go to vendors and cougar sites.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
There are two GT-E hood scoops: the 427 Bubble and the 428CJ (early) Eliminator style. The Bubble can be made ram-air functional, it wasn't originally, while the CJ was. Both are made in reproduction, but the CJ doesn't have the correct bolt holes and is prone to warping.......(why haven't they retooled this by now?)

There isn't repro seat padding as far as I know, but a good upholstery shop should be able to do it.

As mentioned there are several Cougar vendors, also check out Mustang vendors and cross shop for interchangeable items.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Actually, a lot of the Mustang vendors sell seat buns (foam). I believe that the Mustang seats are the same as Cougars, just different covering.
I know Dallas Mustang www.dallasmustang.com lists them.

·
Banned
52 Posts
The standard seats, probably are the same , but the XR-7 upper backs had additional padding that is unique to the XR-7.
A good upholstery shop , should be able to foam this in , and sculpture as necessary to achieve the right fit for your new covers.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts