Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a conclusive list of headers (long and shorty) that would be compatible with a 289, GT40P heads, and the 67-68 body style?

I have searched through the archives and havent really found anything conclusive. In addition I have went through several other websites and couldnt really find any specs. Some of the names that did come up were BBK and MAC but these were on late model stangs dont know if they would work.

Currently running 88300 Hedman longtube headers, from what I hear they cannot be modified even with a BFH. Anybody try using these before with the gt40ps?

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
A few months back there was some discussion about these very issues. GT40P heads and Headers.
I decided against the "P" head after finding little or no information on installing these heads and shorty headers in 67-8 Cougars. All of the information basically was geared towards the 5.0 crowd and all of them run shorty headers.
My original post about this very issue

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
The headers are made by http://www.fordpowertrain.com

Save your money. Buy some AFR 165's, Edelbrocks, TFS or something with some go. P's are junk in comparison.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dfwcatsclub said:
The headers are made by http://www.fordpowertrain.com

Save your money. Buy some AFR 165's, Edelbrocks, TFS or something with some go. P's are junk in comparison.
No real money out, I got a set of gt40p's, 1970 351W DOOE-C heads, couple of 302 water pumps, and set of 4 14x6 moonies for 50$

I was going to find a set of headers and throw the P's on until I was ready to upgrade to set modern aluminum heads.

Thanks for the link...

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Sounds like a great deal in comparison! Hope the headers work out. Stan is easy to deal with -- the headers are top quality work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts