Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been told by many people that I have to buy special headers to fit GT40P which is why I decided to put them on sale. I got some shorty headers from the 5.0 HO ford engine out the pick a part for 50 bucks and they bolted right on no problem! NO clearance issues with the spark plugs or anything. What is all this talk about headers not fitting? Are you guys talking about aftermarket headers which I would have to buy anyways?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
MOST tradisional headers wont fit. however, most others will. the e7te style ports and plug placement, on most ho's and 351 trucks. the stock vechicles that use these applciations, its non issue (nothing a bfh wont fix!) the p's outflow the std. if you look at both sets side by side, you may not be able to tell the differenace .

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah its always a gamble! I'm still gonna send em to you bro, I'm a man of my word. I think I can make some good use of the gt40's I picked up in the yard tho. The yard I go to is riddled with mangled explorers with 150,000 mile engines. What do you think the HP difference is between the two? maybe 5-7hp? There hard to tell apart, but the stripes on the front give it away. (3 on non p, 4 on p's) also the non P's have a gt in the corner were the p just say P.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
not a problem i need the n/a end of it for my f150's 351

1 - 5 of 5 Posts