Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I guys I have some rebuilt GT40 3 bar heads and some rebuilt GT40P heads in my shop ready to go on a motor. The GT40's have tank and mag, 3 angle valve job, surfaced, new plugs and stem seals. The GT40P's have the same treatment but have enlarged stainless steel valves at 1.94INT and 1.60EXH. I just want back what I put into them $450 each or $800 for both.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
pictures details? I am interested I am interested in the gt 40 3 bar , not the p's I have a set of those,,,,,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey man, how do I upload pictures on here? I'm not sure, it asks me for a link instead of an upload. but you can check out some pictures I put them on my website in the heads section. junkyarddoggs.com

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I think you have to have a at least 10 posts to be able to do pictures

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh ok, thats cool, as soon as I get some more posts going I'll post pics then. I'm thinking of posting up my build on here anyways. I got a 67, nothing special about it, other than its a cougar!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
that is special unto itself, they are car that's seldom seen ill see what I can do for the heads, I have to wait till payday next week before I could do it , ill be in touch

·
Premium Member
13,578 Posts
I think you have to have a at least 10 posts to be able to do pictures
I believe it is just the first few times you post pictures (on the site) the post has to be approved by a moderator, I or one of the other mod's will do that if you make such a post.

Welcome to the forum!

Robert

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I love my car, its in really bad shape, but the rust is minimal. I brought my son home from the hospital in it and now hes 7 years old. He tells me often that he misses the Cougar, so I have to bring it back. It was in an accident and thats when I parked it I was so hurt....

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Sounds like a fair deal to anybody in the market for a set......the P heads can be difficult to deal with headers on a vintage car though.....the plug angles are way different. Good breathing heads for not a lot of $ though

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah the P heads only work with MAC or BBK headers from what I can remember. I sell parts like this all the time since im always in the junkyard lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts