Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what color the COUGAR letters were originally? I am thinking black because when the emblem fades it turns almost a light purple color. I have heard even red? But was wondering I have redone my emblem but have left the letters faded what ever color they used to be.
Thanks
Xr7GT

·
Registered
406 Posts
I didn't know they were supposed to be any color at all? Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong ones? - Chad

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this one

I found this picture. I guess it was indeed black...

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Wow I didn't know they had color to them - that's going to have to be the next thing I paint I guess... If I'm not mistaken that's how the little trunk lock insert is painted too? - Chad

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the reproduction trunk insert (standard).
This is a beautiful repo but it does not fit. You need to file down the top curve and paint the trunk lock black in the corners it will take some finesse and time. They stamped the die too big. However, with some slight modification it looks like a million bucks.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
June 200 Issue of Hot Rod, there is a Cougar on the cover, the letters on the Grill are red. If you have this issue, give it a lookie.

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hot Rod

That car was a resto-mod with the 1968 Red Line Hot Wheel as a template. He, Kelly Cox, made a life-sized Hot Wheel in Antifreeze green.
Cool car saw it at the SCCC 2000 West Coast Nats.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
yes, i remember seeing that car in person. Very very nice. looks smaller in person though lol. i saw it at that show... in 2000 though

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oops wrong year

2000 nats isn't that what I said? Ha ha

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I got that HOT WHEEL for Christmas From my nephew.

I sure like the life size version Too.:D

Don

1 - 12 of 12 Posts