Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,
I am new to this forum so I would like to introduce myself.
My name is Balazs and I live in Hungary. I fallen in love with Cougars about 10 years ago when I bought my first 68 coupe.
I have a 69 standard coupe now and it is under restauration. I would like to make an Eliminator clone since they are my favourites.
I have choosen a standard model because I do not wanted to modify a real Eliminator for my taste.
I really happy that I can be a member of this great forum.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Welcome Balazs to the madness. Post some pics when you get a chance !

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was the last pic I made before we took apart for restoration.
DSC00216.jpg

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Welcome Balazs. Nice to see a Cougar end up in Hungary. My father was born in Hungary and I have been there a few times to see family. Good luck with your project. You will find all of the information that you need right here on this forum.
Zoli

·
Registered
266 Posts
This looks too good to require restoration! I can't wait to see it when it is fixed up.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome Balazs. Nice to see a Cougar end up in Hungary. My father was born in Hungary and I have been there a few times to see family. Good luck with your project. You will find all of the information that you need right here on this forum.
Zoli
Hello Zoli,
It is really good to hear that. :) Where are your relatives living? Do you know Peter Nadhazy? He lives in Ohio. He had a few Cougars also.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This Cougar was in a very good shape but last year I decided to modify the suspension and add some extra horse to the rear wheels. After I just went deeper and deeper into this project and finally we took apart completly :) I don't mind at all. The paint job just finished a week ago. She got the new Audi A5 polar white color. I will put some picture later on. She is so Beautiful now.
She will have the opentracker's roller suspension with Bilstein sport shocks and 1" lower springs, rear leafs got reverse eye too.
Wilwood 12.2 disc brake to the front and 8.8" modified Explorer LSD rear with disc brakes goes to replace the original 9"
Modified GM power rack and pinion etc.
First plan was to use the original 351W to make a 408W stroker but 2 weeks ago suddenly changed my mind and bought a ram air unit and a 428FE.
Finally She will get the Eliminator spoilers and stripes. That's the plan. I have all the parts in my garage I have to wait only on the Keisler's RS600 5 speed tranny. Hopefully She will be ready for the next spring and show her power to the local bigface BMW owners. :) :)

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Welcome Balazs, looks like a GREAT car you are starting with, that can only lead to an even better result!

Regards,

Bob

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Pete Nadhazy? Is that 'Pistol Pete' by chance??? The one that drag races at Norwalk Raceway park?

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Cougars. It's always interesting to see cats from other countries and hear the stories. I look forward to hearing more about yours. Pat Price

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Balazs, My famiy is from a very small town called Szirmabesenyo which is near Miskolc. I do not know Pete. California is a long ways away from Ohio.

Looks like you have some great plans on your build. Can't wait to see the pictures. I think you will like the Audi white color on your car. Much better than the standard mercury white.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pete Nadhazy? Is that 'Pistol Pete' by chance??? The one that drag races at Norwalk Raceway park?
No, he have never had any race as I know. But he likes Cougars. He had a beautiful 68 lime green XR7 G and a few other modell.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Balazs, My famiy is from a very small town called Szirmabesenyo which is near Miskolc. I do not know Pete. California is a long ways away from Ohio.

Looks like you have some great plans on your build. Can't wait to see the pictures. I think you will like the Audi white color on your car. Much better than the standard mercury white.
Pete was living in Miskolc. I don't remember when he went to the United States, but he was young. He is 66 now.
Yes, the factory white was not too bad but these new white colors are just excellent.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome!!!! That's a nice cat!!!!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome!!!! That's a nice cat!!!!!!
That medium gold was pretty good color with black scoop and rear wing but I decided to paint white.
Finished the paint job few days ago. Still need a good polishing but not bad at all.
I like it. The color is the 2011 Audi A5's polar white. Here is a pic I made yesterday. DSC_1.jpg

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Wow wow wow

1 - 20 of 41 Posts