Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sorry to report that the Great Lakes Cougar Club has folded. As of January 1, 2011 it no longer is a functioning club.

Members were polled late last fall whether there was enough interest to keep going.

I personally believe that ever since the border restrictions came in (passport requirements) it was difficult for a club that was mostly split between Ontario and New York to function.

To Bill, Cindy, Jim, Ed, Troy, Richard, Kathy and Bob, thanks for the good times and your dedication to the club.

Mark Hassard

·
Registered
9 Posts
Cheers !

Troy

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Thanks for your service guys ... Mark, you guys were with it for longer than I was. I just found out about this a few days ago from Cindy, since I haven't been in touch with you guys very much since selling my 68.

Sad to hear, but I think it was time to shut it down.

Mark, next time that I'm in Georgetown I will try to pop in to your office to say hello if you are there ... about a month back I was at the Shepherd's Crook a few doors down on a Friday night to enjoy some live music.

cheers
Ed N.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Mark:

So what are your plans for networking with fellow Cat owners now that the Greta Lakes Cougar Club has folded? I was down at the WNY Shelby Mustang Show a few years ago and noticed a few Ontario Cats but our Mustang's cousin seems to be a small breed up here in the great white north.

Dave

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi there: Noticed you are in Newmarket.There is a great cruise every Thursday night in Uxbridge on Reach St. They typically get about 200+ classic cars out and they have a good following across the board. I'm about a 1/2 hour away in Oshawa but sometimes take a run up to Uxbridge to visit with family. Let me know if you're interested in heading over one Thursday. It would be good to meet you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Davyp54 - Hi, don't get on the site as much as I used to. Right now I am taking a rest from newsletters, club activity, etc. However, I will support anyone interested in setting up a Southern Ontario group. I like to go to a few cruise nights, Southampton, ON and Milton ON; but it is a full time job combing the internets for Cougar info.

Take care, enjoy the ride.

Mark

·
Registered
524 Posts
I am sorry to report that the Great Lakes Cougar Club has folded. As of January 1, 2011 it no longer is a functioning club.

Members were polled late last fall whether there was enough interest to keep going.

I personally believe that ever since the border restrictions came in (passport requirements) it was difficult for a club that was mostly split between Ontario and New York to function.

To Bill, Cindy, Jim, Ed, Troy, Richard, Kathy and Bob, thanks for the good times and your dedication to the club.

Mark Hassard
Hello, the Cindy you mention here, would this be a Cindy MacCarthy and is she a member on this forum??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Davyp54 - Hi, don't get on the site as much as I used to. Right now I am taking a rest from newsletters, club activity, etc. However, I will support anyone interested in setting up a Southern Ontario group. I like to go to a few cruise nights, Southampton, ON and Milton ON; but it is a full time job combing the internets for Cougar info.

Take care, enjoy the ride.

Mark
Count me in. We can start gathering some willing participants throughout the winter, meet in the warmer weather next year. I'm living in Etobicoke, so let's get this going!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just picked up this thread. Should have paid more attention to the Club notices. I would be interested in coming to some additional events if I knew that there would be a number of other Cougars attending.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
How far are you guys from Port Huron Michigan? My car is not ready but would be nice to have others to cruise with. I don't know anyone from this area.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm less than an 11/2 hours from Port Huron. There is a great show in the London area during the first weekend of June.( Fleetwood country cruise in). Check out the website. Why not get as many cougars as we can at this show. It has something for everyone.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm less than an 11/2 hours from Port Huron. There is a great show in the London area during the first weekend of June.( Fleetwood country cruise in). Check out the website. Why not get as many cougars as we can at this show. It has something for everyone.

I was going to go to Fleetwood last year but had something come up. Kincardine also has a show on one of the long weekends.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Lets keep the communication going. Hopefully more cougar owners from our area will see traffic on this club listing and join in. Ultimately I,m looking to show some serious cougar presence at some of the better quality shows in our region.Out of the dozen or so shows we did last year, cougars were few and far between. It would be nice to come together,not necessarily as a formal club, but just a group of cougar Cats.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi! New to the site and still working on getting my 67 up to snuff, but I would love to join a gathering not too distant from Newmarket. As the condition of my cat improves, would definitely be willing to venture further afield.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Where is NewMarket? Across the bridge I presume :) Post the shows that yall are going to around here and if I am off although my car is not ready maybe I can bring the bike and just look! See what I am up against.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts