Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I found a 67 mercury cougar in the junkyard today with a full T-5 Swap and granada disc brakes. I took everything I could fit in the car (including the driveshaft, trans and ALL the brake pedal components. Now they're pretty cruddy, does anyone know where to get those plastic bushings that go in between the pedal and pivot? is there any pedal rebuilt kits out there?

The way the swap was done was pretty crude, but it was definitely working because he crashed it! (why it was in the junkyard i guess)

Does anyone have any requests for items, I can pluck em off for you and ship em to your location if they prove to be cheap.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, I'll start looking now, I need to go back because the clutch pressure plate I have at home is too small...I ran out of money so I need to go round up some more items anyways. The third member was the only thing missing on the car.

·
Registered
980 Posts
The way the swap was done was pretty crude, but it was definitely working because he crashed it! (why it was in the junkyard i guess)

Well....you may be right, they might have been working,... sounds like they didn't work good enough.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha I know right! But I think he didnt put the right master cylinder in which may or may not have caused the accident. from the looks of it, he had a drum/drum set up trying to run discs...all bad. I hope the guy is okay.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Sounds like you lucked out! You got a good score there.... Most of what you need to do it right

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Be sure and check out the brake distribution block. If it is for drums, or if he upgraded for the disc/drucm split. Also, get the distribution block from the back of the car, if it is still there. THe 67 pedal stuff I believe is kind of unique, that was a good score! Is the car an XR7 or standard?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Does anyone have any requests for items, I can pluck em off for you and ship em to your location if they prove to be cheap.
What's the condition of the Mercury script on the driver's side front fender extension?

·
Registered
152 Posts
That is one sweet looking car you have

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
FYI Did my clutch pedal and linkages and ended up using little brass bushings instead, the holes were oblonged so I drilled it to the size of a door hinge pin bushing, also had to give the pins a little zap with a mig and file them round again, the hinge pin bushings should last a very long time.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A t-5 is a Standard (manual) transmission from a 80's mustang, they've been popular in classic cougar and mustang swaps for years now.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it was in the Anaheim Beach St. Pick a Part, if you can get the front wheels off, you can grab the disc brakes and rotors they have a wheel lock on the rims why nobodys taken them yet

·
Registered
708 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts