Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This car should bring a fair amount of discussion. I have owned it several years bought off ebay from Texas. It is an M code car and has been portrayed as a movie car which it is not.The third owner was an 80 something old man He was a personal aquaintenance of Carroll. His recollection of the car is it was a daily driver of Carroll's for a short time. Carroll had a minor fender bender with the car with this gentleman in the car with him, I can verify that the car had a light hit in the LF corner. At that time Shelby had a totaled gt500 This car supposedly has the engine, trans, roll bar, wheels, shift handle and steering wheel from that car. The second owner is unknown but the third man was Carroll's friend. he hated green cars and had this dismantled and painted Red with a new white top. I have verified this as I had the interior out of the car. After the paint work he had Carroll sign the glove box. The older gentleman then traded it to the man from Texas "DLUX" for a Lincoln Zepher. Dlux could not get the car to run right so put it on ebay. I as a kid had a 1969 R code convertible. I have tried very hard to buy that car as a sentimental thing. I found the red car on ebay and my last offer for my old car was $65,000 which was rejected. he would sooner let it sit in a garage and never use it. So I told the ebay seller DLUX my story and he took it off ebay and sold it to me. It is a very fun car after a Tuneup and a new holly 735Cfm. I no longer want my old car. After feeling the 1-2 shift of a 428cj with the correct c6 is all it took. This is probably as close to the truth we will get on this car.
Poberezny Quaker Pic.jpg 146.JPG 149.JPG 158.JPG

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wow! What a story! Great information about your "replacement" cobra jet. Would like some more photos for you convertible. I like the black and red convertibles. Is it still red or did you paint it black?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a great story ... is there any documentation to prove it ?
Nope no documentation. Does not matter to me as I did not buy it for that. The title I got from Texas had John Sassaman's name on it as being the previous owner before Dlux from Texas. It took me a while to locate him. I found his daughter first and she had him call me. I spent about an hour and a half on the phone with him. That's where I got the story from.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Cool Cougar and background story. What kind of wheels are those? I like how they look. Thinking that mine will see a 428 and them some, someday. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts