Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I got my cougar Friday. It's a 69 XR7 with a Factory 4-Speed. My friend b0nes421 found the ad and told me about it. From what I gather on TCCN there were only 3102 4-Speeds built in 1969. Not bad for 400 Bucks.

And on Monday my wife gave birth to our second daughter Callie Breanne.

Great Birthday Weekend!

:D

I hope this pic isn't too big or small; it's my first time posting a pic.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Congrats on the baby! A Cougar and a Baby in the same week?
400 bucks sounds like a sweet deal. What kind of condition is it in?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Way to go man!! A new Cougar to play with is great, but it cant hold a candle to a new daughter:D :D :D !!!! Congrats on birthday too. mm

·
Registered
210 Posts
CONGRATS!?!

:1poke: Hey TLogan53, that's one hell of a weekend you had yourself there! Can't wait to see your '69 on the road. Hopefully we can figure out the issue you're having and we can get that 351 cranked next weekend! My family sends their best wishes to yours, congradulations on the newest edition to your family, oh yeah... and congrats for your baby daughter too!

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Photos not related to a technical discussion get posted in the Photo Gallery, NOT in the forums.

Pics have been scraped, pls repost in the Photo gallery.

That being said, I'm jealous. 69 xr7 4spd for 400 bucks... yeesh. :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Here's the kicker Logan... Not only was it a '69 XR7 w/ 4 speed, but, it is (from what we can tell) all original AND cranks but just won't seem to fire! Nothing is seized, interior is in really good shape, and the body is pretty straight... Hell, I paid $4oo for a shell... $400 bucks was a steal for that cat!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks!

Thanks everyone.

Sorry about that LOGAN, I have posted the pic in the Photos section if anyone wants to ck out my new cougar.

The body's in real good condition, hardly any rust, a little surface on the top and a small hole in the rear quarter. The car dosent run right now but were working on that one soon. Good thing is its not seized so I will be doing some more evaluation on it.

Hey.......b0nes...I was typing that

LOL :1poke:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Sorry

:1poke: Sorry TLogan... I think I am as excited as you about this car! I'll try and let you tell everyone about it from now on... hehehe... I just can't get over it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts